Connecting to WordPress
Our 2-way integration is designed to keep your content in sync between Reword and WordPress. Think of the time you will save copy and pasting!
Enabling the connection
Enabling the connection takes just a few minutes and is powered by our official WordPress plugin. Here’s how to get it enabled…
- Start by heading to Connections > WordPress in your Reword project.
- Copy your API key, then click the ‘Download the plugin’ button.
- Head over to WordPress and login to your admin account.
- In the sidebar of WordPress, select ‘Plugins’.
- Click on ‘Add new’ and upload, then activate the Reword plugin you downloaded in step 2.
- ‘Reword’ will now be an option in the WordPress sidebar, navigate to it.
- Now, enter the Reword API key you copied in step 2 and click ‘Activate’.
- If it is the correct API key, you will receive a “Validated!” message.
- That’s it! Reword will now take a few minutes to synchronise with your WordPress posts.
Syncing articles to WordPress
While we automatically import any changes from the WordPress side, you have to decide when you wish to send drafts from Reword to WordPress.
We do this to give you more control over when your articles get pushed to WordPress.
- From the writer, select the ‘Export’ menu.
- Click ‘Sync to Wordpress’.
- Confirm the sync dialogue.
- Check WordPress ✨
Disabling the connection
If you need to disable the connection, simply removing the plugin from WordPress is the easiest way.
- Head to Plugins in your WordPress navigation.
- Click deactivate next to the Reword plugin.
Never! Our integration will never take any destructive actions, such as archiving or removing articles within your WordPress posts. You can do this safely.
Absolutely - You can deactivate the plugin at any time through your WordPress ‘plugins’ page. You’re in control.
It sure is. We take your data very seriously, so all connections between Reword and WordPress are authenticated through encrypted keys.